Saturday 13 March 2010

First run complete

Well I got up this morning at 7.00 am and went for my first run. I was all kitted out - industrial scaffolding for my boobs, running leggins, trainers, water bottle and oh don't forget Dizzee Rascal on my iPhone. It was very cold!!!! But at least no-one was around to see me running!
Last night I read some training tips and found that to start with you should run for 1 minute and then walk for 1 minute and repeat this 10 times. Well I did this and found that the minute of running went quite fast and a few times when I looked down at my watch I had gone over the minute. I did this 15 times and probably covered about 2 1/2 miles. I came home so cold and puffed out, I thought I would have a lovely hot bath, to find out that we had no hot water so I am waiting for it to warm up now.
My next session says that you should run for 2 minutes and walk for 4 minutes and repeat this 5 times. It says you have a rest day in between but I still want to do my brisk walking and Davina DVDs. Not sure how I am going to fit my running in during the week - may need to get up at about 6am and do it before work.

3 comments:

  1. Wow love your runners Claire, you are so fab hun I really feel you could kick me back to the gym, that'd be great as I hate paying for it and not using it IYKWIM. There are some really good running mags to be had as well if you need more tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are an inspiration Claire, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, keep up the good work! But if you are running in those shoes, DON'T, you really need proper running trainers for the support or you will get joint problems, ask my daughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete